BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Need energy anyone?

Anyone else out there need a boost in their energy? Thought so. Well there is no shortage on ways to improve one's energy levels, that's for sure. And of course, eating right and working out are part of the equation. But when you need a lil help in the energy department, as I often do, you don't neccessarily want to turn to coffee, sodas, and so on. So what's a better solution? For me, it's SPARK from AdvoCare. It keeps me going all day long (now I'm sounding like a commercial). :-)

They have severaldifferent flavors. I have only tried the Fruit Punch and the Madarin Orange but I like them both. It reminds me of that Emergen-C fizzy stuff you drink to help when you have a cold. It's kinda cool. You can mix it in a tiny drink of water and take a potent lil shot of it. Or you can mix more water to have more of a Gatorade type of flavor. It does mix prety well, but I'd say not 100% just because if you don't drink it immediately a lil bit tends to settle at the bottom. But that's not a deal breaker for me, in this instance.

I've purchased it in the canister for something like $40-$50 and also in a box of individual packets for around $20. Either one is a good deal and it lasts a LONG time.

Nutritional info: It does have all kinds of goodies in it. Some of which are only 45 Calories(!), 11g Carbs, 45 mcg B-12, 200mg Taurine, and 120mg Caffeine (Seriously!), and much much more.

I'm no guru on supplements. All I know is what I like. I take mine super concentrated in a few ounces of water, chug it, and I'm good for the rest of the day. I make sure to eat something first or it makes me jittery. I've heard that some people even have to take half the amount suggested and that's all they need. Either way, it does it's job well.

I don't sell AdvoCare. I just like what they have to offer. I originally heard about it through my former trainer Cindy. She gave us samples to try. I have loved it ever since. AdvoCare is a great company. And they sell way more than just supplements. If you want to know anything more about it you can visit their site.

My soapbox moment: Now I also want to say, I'm not against coffee, myself. I LOVE coffee. But I limit myself to one a day, if at all. These days it's more out of ritual than neccessity because the Spark more than covers my energy needs. What I'm getting at is this, whether you use Spark, coffee, soda, or whatever to boost your energy, you should just be careful how much you have. As far as things like soda, I happen to think if you "have to" have it, make it something you "treat" yourself to maybe once a day. Use it as something you can look forward to in your day. Account for the calories and adjust your food intake accordingly so you are not going over your calories for the day. I think sometimes people view things like soda and coffee as something harmless that they can have as much of as they want in a day's time. But seriously, those calories add up (not to mention the inevitable water retention)! Imagine if you had cheesecake (seems like a more tangible example) as often as you had soda throughout the day. You'd certainly be more conscious of how many pieces of THAT you were eating in a day. But that much coffee and soda is just as bad for you. You have to be more conscious of the calories (and especially the sugar in the sodas) you are consuming even in the things you drink. If you truly LOVE it, that's fine. Hey, I'm not gonna kid myself into thinkin I'll never have coffee again in my life. Just change the way you think about it. Turn it into your "treat" for the day if you must. Don't just mindlessly consume it throughout your day. It adds up! Ok, there's my rant. I'm stepping down off the box now.

**Side note: Again, I was not paid for this review. Just my personal opinions on what works for me.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Spark and also Sustain by Melaleuca. I should check AdvoCare's site to see if they have anymore flavors. I want Grape!