BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A word about supplements

Can I just say, it's difficult to find a good protein shake. I went through a slew of different protein shakes, like many people do. Then....I stumbled on The One. I was at GNC and I was actually looking for another shake I had heard good things about (ISOPure). Didn't find it there. So I started talking to the guy behind the counter. He was so helpful. It's was nice to talk to someone who actually sounded knowledgeable! Then he let me start sampling shakes for free. Totally awesome! After I tried a couple then he showed me one that he thinks is the best. It was in this massive blue jug. I was thinking, "Seriously? Who needs THAT much protein??" But once I tried it I was in shock at how good it was. Now folks....a lot of people say this shake or that shake is good. And they are ALL just plain awful. Honestly I think that most people go with the best shake they've tried and think that's as good as it gets. Pretty sad. We all know what most shakes are like. Chalky. Gritty. Nasty. Some are compared to a Slim Fast shake, some are similar to a Carnation Instant Breakfast shake, some are even reminiscint of that Ovaltine flavor. Well all I can say is that this shake was different than the rest and far surpassed anything I had tried before. In my opinion, this is one where I can safely say it's not just an unfortunate choice between a bunch of unfavorable options. To me, it's in a class by itself and puts all other protein shakes to shame.

Soooo, what is it already??

It's called MAX Protein.

I got the huge 5 gallon blue jug. And that size, if I remember correctly, it ran me something close to $80? It was so worth it for how long it's lasted. And like I said I got it from GNC, you may be able to find it elsewhere, but that's where I got mine.

Some important info: 118 Calories, 22g Protein, 1g Sugar, 3g Carbs, 48mg Sodium, 2g Total Fat, 24mg Cholesterol, 170mg Calcium, 95mg Potassium...etc. If you want details on the other vitamins and minerals let me know and I'll email it to you rather than listing it all off.

I really don't care as much about the specifics of the vitamin/mineral content if it is slightly better or slightly worse than others. The BIGGEST concern for me is the flavor. (And this one, it just goes without saying-it's totally rich and yummy!) Cause honest to God, if it tastes like nasty, gritty, chalk I ain't drinkin it! Makes me gag!! And that's the most important thing right? You need to be drinkin SOME kind of protein shake and if you are spending your hard-earned money on something like this then you wanna use it and not hate it and throw it in the trash. Am I right or am I right? :-)

So I obviously love this shake if I'm willing to go into such detail about it right? Well there's more...

FYI: When you mix it up, of course it's a lil easier if you have a shaker, the faster you shake it the easier it tends to mix. I rarely have a problem with it. If it happens to not mix as well, I actually let it sit for like 5 mins and then shake it up again. (To anyone who may not know, if you don't shake it up immediately the mix tends to clump together while it's just sitting there. So I let it sit and let the water soak into the mix then shake it again and that solves the problem for me.) I've never encountered a protein shake that mixed SO well. It actually mixes COMPLETELY smooth. Not a trace of gritty chalkiness. (Did I just make up that word?) It does NOT have that thick, chunky, almost slimey sort of texture to it. THANK GOODNESS! It's thinner than a milk sort of consistency. You know that premixed chocolate milk you can buy? It's thinner than that. You just have to try it to see what I'm talking about. If you really wanna know, go to a GNC, ask them for a sample of it since you've heard me rave about it.

**Side note: I've been advised to say that I was not paid to post this review. Just giving my opinion for free to help anyone out there that's in the market for a GOOD protein shake. So I hope ya'll found this information helpful.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loooove Max Protein, but I also like IsoPure, too. I would definitely invest in a shaker for any protein shake. Every time I've tried to stir it, the shake turns into this thick, chunky consistency that is anything but drinkable. BUT in the shaker, everything dissolves. Interesting. :)