BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hey strangers!

So, what have I been up to lately?

Well, I definitely have been busy. As I said before, it's hard for me to stay focused with so much on my plate. I have had a lot going on in my life lately but I've never lost sight of the prize. Over a period of about two months I noticed myself hitting this plateau and I couldn't lose anymore weight. I felt like I was just spinnin my tires. I talked to several different people, and the answer was that I needed to change up my routine. So I tried a couple different things but I couldn't find anything that worked for me. It's hard enough to get into a routine with working out but then, to have to change it all up, and almost feel like you are starting over, that was even harder for me. I had to power through a lot of demons in my life and shut out all the negative self talk. It was an ugly mind game there for a couple weeks. But then...I saw this commercial for a new workout dvd.

It's called Insanity.


When I saw the commercial I KNEW it was what I needed to do. That was the missing piece to the puzzle. The only problem....money. So I had to wait a couple more weeks till I could afford to get the set. Found it on EBay for $70.00 when on the "Special TV Offer" it was $120.00!! Woohoo! Missy got a deal!!

I've been doing the workout for a while now. I wanted to get settled into my new routine and get comfortable with this new workout before I talked about it. But they did tell me to journal a lil about my workout every day so I could have something to refer back to when I'm through. So I have journal entries back from day 1 that I will go back and add here for ya'll to keep track of my progress.

So what's Insanity like? In a word....Insane.

I've never experienced anything like it before. The easiest way I can describe it would be to have you imagine doing a circuit of say, pushups, jumping jacks, lunges, and squats for about 30 seconds each at a moderate pace. Then you do the circuit again...only faster. Then you do the circuit again...at break neck speed! Then you go to another type of circuit and repeat the whole process....and so on. But people, it's not as simple as your regular old, run-of-the-mill pushups, jumping jacks, lunges, and squats. No, no. Nearly everything you do has you leaping off the ground. When ever your body has to literally take flight, it really steps up the workout a notch. It takes so much power to do that over and over. For example, one workout takes you from a squat position to leaping straight up in the air, to landing back in a squat position. Some of the workouts are like high school football drills. All of it combines cardio with working out. 2-for-1. It's extremely challenging. If you've never seen/heard of it before I'll attach the promo video so you can see a bit of what I'm talkin about.

Folks, I'm thinkin that taking my workout to a whole nutha level will successfully get me off my plateau. What do you think?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, sissy! Can't wait to see the results! :)