BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Work Out Examples

So Month 1 went something like this:

Upper Body Day-

1. Chair Dips
2. Sit Ups on a Balance Ball
3. Push Ups

I'd do 15 of each one then I'd repeat that 2 more times for a total of 3 sets. (And I had to work up to that 15!)

Then I'd do 60 minutes of cardio on my treadmill. I'd have it set at max incline at 2.5mph with a 2 minute warm up and 2 minute cool down.

Lower Body Day-

1. Forward Lunges
2. Sit Ups on a Balance Ball
3. Calf Raises

Again, 15 of each, 3 times. Oh but that's 15 PER LEG on the Lunges and Calf Raises...

And, again, I'd follow up with the exact same cardio.

**********

Now Month 2 is going something like this:

Lower Body Day-

1. Reverse Sit Ups on a Balance Ball
2. Leg Lifts
3. Side Crunches-30 of these total
4. Lunges out to the side

Same as before, 15-15-15 (per leg on Leg Lifts and Lunges out to the side) , repeat 3 times.

Cardio changed up a bit. Now it's more like 60-75 minutes on the treadmill. No incline. And I adjust the mph at all different time intervals. One day might look like this:

5 minutes 3.0 mph
5 minutes 3.5 mph
2 minutes 4.0 mph
5 minutes 3.5 mph
5 minutes 3.0 mph
2 minutes 5.0 mph
5 minutes 3.0 mph
1 minute rest

(REPEAT for a total of 60-75 minutes)

Lower Body Day-

1. Arm Rows using Stretchy Bands
2. Standing Abs-30 of these (almost like doing a standing bicycle)
3. Tricep Extentions using Stretchy Bands
4. Standing Abs Side Crunch-30 of these (arms at your sides, bend sideways at the waist)

3 Sets of 15 reps each (per arm on these), same as before

Then Cardio this day would be more like 75 minutes of cardio on the treadmill with no incline and speed set at these intervals:

10 minutes 3.0 mph
10 minutes 4.0 mph
10 minutes 3.0 mph
2 minutes 4.0 mph
2 minutes 3.0 mph
2 minutes 5.0 mph
2 minutes 4.0 mph
2 minutes 3.0 mph
10 minutes 4.0 mph
10-20 minutes 3.0 mph

And yes, I always do a warm up and cool down, and stretching. Stretching is a must! And water too! So the main thing is to keep your body guessing. I love how no matter what I'm doing it's a challenge for my body. Some work outs may seem simple, some may not, but I know they all kick my butt. Is this all clear as mud? If you don't know what a certain work out is, let me know, I will try to describe it a little better. Wish I had pictures but I don't. And I definitely enjoy the work out part more than the cardio at this stage. My lungs are just out of shape. Blah. I also love how Boot Camp/BC taught me so many moves I can do just using body weight or regular household items instead of free weights or awkward equipment (if you've ever seen Biggest Loser we did a ton of the exact same moves that they do on the show, just without the yelling/screaming trainer). I want to make a point of doing as many things without the aid of gym membership as possible....not that there's anything wrong with a gym, I just need to not rely on a gym for myself right now. Another goal....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. :)